Awards to Svayam
- National Tourism Award 2011-12 For Making Fatehpur Sikri Group
- Svayam Team, Receiving The Prestigious Gaates Award Of Recognition For The Year 2015 At The Hands Of Sh. Mukhtar Al-shibani, The Then President Of Gaates, In An Event Held On The Sidelines Of The 95th Annual Meeting Of Transport Research Board Of National
- National Tourism Award 2011-12 For Making Fatehpur Sikri Group Of Monuments, Agra As The “best Maintained And Disabled Friendly Historical Monument”
- National Tourism Award Of Excellence Jointly With Asi For Making The World Heritage Site Of Qutub Minar, New Delhi As “most Accessible & Disabled Friendly Historical Monument” In 2009.
Achievements of Svayam
- Svayam worked closely with the Archeological Survey of India (ASI) from the year 2006 to make world heritage sites in India accessible. QutubMinar, Red Fort in Delhi, and Taj Mahal and FatehpurSikri Group of Monuments in Agra received national awards for being best maintained and accessible monuments for tourists with reduced mobility. The experiences of these World Heritage sites are being replicated by ASI at other historical sites in India.
- Svayam had been a part of the Core Committee constituted by Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India that brought about “Harmonized Guidelines & Space Standards for Barrier Free Built Environment for Persons with Disabilities & Elderly Persons”. Svayam also undertook access audit of over 64 Union of India Building in identified cities and satellite towns across India.
- Svayam has been a part of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Committee on National Building Code of India 2016 and helped in revised formulation of standards from the perspective of accessibility.
- Svayam was the host of the 13th TRANSED Conference (International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled People) held at New Delhi during Sep 17-21, 2012 under the aegis of Transportation Research Board of National Academics, United States.